three and a half months...
since I've updated... sounds about right :)
Here I am! July was a crazy time for me - no doubt the busiest and most emotionally taxing of my life. There were some "family issues"* in Indiana that subsumed a lot of my time and energy, and while it's totally not resolved, I think I have a little respite for now.
Then came final preparations for the Wedding of the Century.** Luckily, the My Mom in me had taken over, and I had done a lot of preparation over the last six months, so it wasn't all-consuming.***
Work of course never slowed down, but I got small breaks such as when a biblical storm in Chicago prevented opposing counsel from coing to DC, so I got a few days of my life back there.
The wedding was perfect, save a few hair snafus and an incident involving seven glasses of red wine and a boat.****
All of the preparation and obsessing was worth it, it was wonderful to see all of my family and so many friends, and if I know one thing, it's this.
I'm eloping.
* I always wondered what people meant when they said they were attending to "family issues" and "family emergencies," and now I know. As I painfully found out in the sixth grade when I was excited to be called to the main office over the intercom from my reading and language class and my teacher told me I "wasn't missing much..." I wasn't missing much.
** My brother's, of course.
*** Read: I didn't have to take a day off of work. But I would have done it. Always sacrificing for the family.
**** And, of course, me.
Here I am! July was a crazy time for me - no doubt the busiest and most emotionally taxing of my life. There were some "family issues"* in Indiana that subsumed a lot of my time and energy, and while it's totally not resolved, I think I have a little respite for now.
Then came final preparations for the Wedding of the Century.** Luckily, the My Mom in me had taken over, and I had done a lot of preparation over the last six months, so it wasn't all-consuming.***
Work of course never slowed down, but I got small breaks such as when a biblical storm in Chicago prevented opposing counsel from coing to DC, so I got a few days of my life back there.
The wedding was perfect, save a few hair snafus and an incident involving seven glasses of red wine and a boat.****
All of the preparation and obsessing was worth it, it was wonderful to see all of my family and so many friends, and if I know one thing, it's this.
I'm eloping.
* I always wondered what people meant when they said they were attending to "family issues" and "family emergencies," and now I know. As I painfully found out in the sixth grade when I was excited to be called to the main office over the intercom from my reading and language class and my teacher told me I "wasn't missing much..." I wasn't missing much.
** My brother's, of course.
*** Read: I didn't have to take a day off of work. But I would have done it. Always sacrificing for the family.
**** And, of course, me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home