Six Month Update
Following Josie's lead, it's time to take stock of progress on the list.* Updates and comments in formatted font:
1. Visit 5 U.S. cities I have not visited as an adult
2. Visit 2 foreign cities (at least one overseas) I certainly didn't think I would accomplish this one so (relatively) quickly, seeing as I haven't done a ton of international travelling, but I have plane tickets to Rome in September, and from there we're going to St. Tropez and flying home from Nice! I am very excited, I have never been to any of those places. We leave in 11 weeks!! AND, this December, I'm going to Cancun with my family for a week, where I also have never been.
3. Purchase a bikini, and wear it in public
4. Write a book -- not necessarily to be published -- on any topic
5. Learn to make homemade pasta Check! May 31, 2006.
6. Go one month without eating chocolate
7. Go one month without drinking coffee Check! December 2005 - January 2006
8. Go 2 weeks without watching TV (if that’s not hard – go the full month)
9. Run a 10K
10. Take a walk in the rain, on purpose
11. [personal -- family-related]
12. Cook with my grandma Ga Check! March 16, 2006, AND planned again for July 8, 2006.
13. Spend a weekend alone with my mom
14. Spend at least one day alone with my dad (wake-up to bedtime)
15. Take 6 golf or tennis lessons
16. Learn how to drive a stick shift car
17. Run up and down the National Mall Not completed, but I did jog/walk around the Tidal Basin, and I did walk from 7th and Constitution to Arlington Cemetery and back down Independence in the last month. It was a very long walk. I think the "run" will definitely be a "jog/walk."
18. Take a day trip by myself (no phone calls, either)
19. Invest in three stocks that I have researched, by myself
20. Read 3 Classics and 3 Biographies Working on it! I read Golda Meir's My Life in February and March, and I'm working on Shakespeare By Another Name. It's very slow-going, but it's going. I now understand how people can be reading more than one book at once -- I didn't used to get it, but sometimes you just feel like another book, even if you haven't finished the first.
21. Buy myself nice stationery
22. Read a Sunday paper cover-to-cover
23. Put all my pictures into scrapbooks
24. Put away all the stacks of random things in my apartment Oh man. This one is going to take a while. This apartment has lots of places to hide stacks of random things.
25. Spend a day going to at least 2 museums I haven’t been to
26. Read 2 books about the Supreme Court
27. Learn how to needlepoint or cross-stitch
28. Brew my own beer
29. Volunteer at Suited for Change Check! See my recent post. AND, I am going to another benefit for SFC this week: A premiere of The Devil Wears Prada followed by a snazzy after-party.
30. Go to a fondue restaurant
Hm, I've only completed 4, with plans for one more and headway on another. I didn't think 3 years was a lofty goal, but maybe it was! We'll see, I guess.
Also of note, but not on the list, is that I have gone to 2 yoga classes, with plans for more. I think I need to complete a full beginner series in order to determine whether I want to stick with it, but I like the after-aches, so I will see how that goes.
That's it for the update!
*I've technically been working on the list for 9 months, but I've only had the blog for 6.
1. Visit 5 U.S. cities I have not visited as an adult
2. Visit 2 foreign cities (at least one overseas) I certainly didn't think I would accomplish this one so (relatively) quickly, seeing as I haven't done a ton of international travelling, but I have plane tickets to Rome in September, and from there we're going to St. Tropez and flying home from Nice! I am very excited, I have never been to any of those places. We leave in 11 weeks!! AND, this December, I'm going to Cancun with my family for a week, where I also have never been.
3. Purchase a bikini, and wear it in public
4. Write a book -- not necessarily to be published -- on any topic
5. Learn to make homemade pasta Check! May 31, 2006.
6. Go one month without eating chocolate
7. Go one month without drinking coffee Check! December 2005 - January 2006
8. Go 2 weeks without watching TV (if that’s not hard – go the full month)
9. Run a 10K
10. Take a walk in the rain, on purpose
11. [personal -- family-related]
12. Cook with my grandma Ga Check! March 16, 2006, AND planned again for July 8, 2006.
13. Spend a weekend alone with my mom
14. Spend at least one day alone with my dad (wake-up to bedtime)
15. Take 6 golf or tennis lessons
16. Learn how to drive a stick shift car
17. Run up and down the National Mall Not completed, but I did jog/walk around the Tidal Basin, and I did walk from 7th and Constitution to Arlington Cemetery and back down Independence in the last month. It was a very long walk. I think the "run" will definitely be a "jog/walk."
18. Take a day trip by myself (no phone calls, either)
19. Invest in three stocks that I have researched, by myself
20. Read 3 Classics and 3 Biographies Working on it! I read Golda Meir's My Life in February and March, and I'm working on Shakespeare By Another Name. It's very slow-going, but it's going. I now understand how people can be reading more than one book at once -- I didn't used to get it, but sometimes you just feel like another book, even if you haven't finished the first.
21. Buy myself nice stationery
22. Read a Sunday paper cover-to-cover
23. Put all my pictures into scrapbooks
24. Put away all the stacks of random things in my apartment Oh man. This one is going to take a while. This apartment has lots of places to hide stacks of random things.
25. Spend a day going to at least 2 museums I haven’t been to
26. Read 2 books about the Supreme Court
27. Learn how to needlepoint or cross-stitch
28. Brew my own beer
29. Volunteer at Suited for Change Check! See my recent post. AND, I am going to another benefit for SFC this week: A premiere of The Devil Wears Prada followed by a snazzy after-party.
30. Go to a fondue restaurant
Hm, I've only completed 4, with plans for one more and headway on another. I didn't think 3 years was a lofty goal, but maybe it was! We'll see, I guess.
Also of note, but not on the list, is that I have gone to 2 yoga classes, with plans for more. I think I need to complete a full beginner series in order to determine whether I want to stick with it, but I like the after-aches, so I will see how that goes.
That's it for the update!
*I've technically been working on the list for 9 months, but I've only had the blog for 6.
Labels: update

1 Comments:
Hi!
Been meaning to comment, as it was great meeting you at the big event. And, by the way, the absolute and utter chaos that was the auction close? Totally my fault.
And congrats on making such fabulous list progress!
Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday (which is when I heard the rain is finally going to stop). The gifting suite is going to be incredible.
By
BabsieD, at June 27, 2006 12:07 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home