thirty by thirty

Sunday, April 16, 2006

it's a step...

A few weeks ago -- 2.5 to be extact -- you had never seen a more perfect day in Washington. It was like 70 and sunny with a wonderful breeze, and I was headed out of town for the weekend the next morning for a quick jaunt to Athens, GA to visit a college friend.

I decided it would be a good day to see how far I could get down the mall on a jog (please keep in mind that I have jogged outside like 3 times in my life), but seeing as the cherry blossoms were in FULL bloom, I thought the Tidal Basin might be a better route. It was indeed beautiful -- and I think the approximately 5 billion tourists on the 1'-wide walking path with me agreed. They, it appeared, had never seen a flower OR a tree, never mind a flowering tree.

I jest.*

The cherry blossoms really were at their finest, and it was a lovely day to be outside enjoying them. I even got to pretend like I would have run the whole way had there only been room to do so. As it stands, I don't think one song jogging, one song walking is that bad for the length of the tidal basin.**


* Kind of.
** 2.5 miles I believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home