thirty by thirty

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

plans for #12 are in motion!

Today I booked a flight to Chicago for St. Patrick's Day weekend for a bachelorette party. I decided to take a day off of work, and fly in Thursday night. I called my grandma Ga today to wish her a Happy Valentine's Day and ask her for a "date." We're going to cook all afternoon on Friday, March 17. She said "You're going to have to tell me what ingredients we need before then." Yes, we will need ingredients. We don't have a menu yet, but that will be fun for us to come up with together. Ga actively emails on her WebTV (she loves to see the red light go on to tell her she has mail!) so that will help us plan. We'll probably make a lot of baked goods. I want her to teach me how to make actual food though (cookies, I got down). But we have all day!

See, this is why I made my list in the first place -- it would have been so easy to fly in after work on Friday and skip the cooking and see Ga for an hour when I'm on a break from my grueling Saturday of brunch, manicure, pedicure, tea, dinner, and OUT*. That's what's been happening to me -- I've had so many wedding events and family events in the last few years that it's hard to make my own plans for things I really want to do. So, I'm getting there!

* As you may have guessed, this is an accurate list of Saturday's activities. Not to exclude Friday and Sunday's bachelorette party activities, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home