in no particular order
1. Visit 5 U.S. cities I have not visited as an adult
2. Visit 2 foreign cities (at least one overseas)
3. Purchase a bikini, and wear it in public
4. Write a book -- not necessarily to be published -- on any topic
5. Learn to make homemade pasta
6. Go one month without eating chocolate
7. Go one month without drinking coffee
8. Go 2 weeks without watching TV (if that’s not hard – go the full month)
9. Run a 10K
10. Take a walk in the rain, on purpose
11. [personal -- family-related]
12. Cook with my grandma Ga
13. Spend a weekend alone with my mom
14. Spend at least one day alone with my dad (wake-up to bedtime)
15. Take 6 golf or tennis lessons
16. Learn how to drive a stick shift car
17. Run up and down the National Mall
18. Take a day trip by myself (no phone calls, either)
19. Invest in three stocks that I have researched, by myself
20. Read 3 Classics and 3 Biographies
21. Buy myself nice stationery
22. Read a Sunday paper cover-to-cover
23. Put all my pictures into scrapbooks
24. Put away all the stacks of random things in my apartment
25. Spend a day going to at least 2 museums I haven’t been to
26. Read 2 books about the Supreme Court
27. Learn how to needlepoint or cross-stitch
28. Brew my own beer
29. Volunteer at Suited for Change
30. Go to a fondue restaurant
*edited 1-21-06. upon realizing I had two number 8's, I removed "run one eight-minute mile" from my list and renumbered. I chose to remove that item because it seemed like a good idea at the time, but I'm not really a runner, and speed isn't actually that important to me. I'll keep you posted on how fast I'm running when I get back into it though.

2 Comments:
Becky,
Josie's list inspired me to write a list, which I did yesterday. So you indirectly played a role in my goal-setting. I love your list- and I'm going to steal the stick-shift car goal and add it to my list. That is a great one! Thanks for the good ideas!
By
Anonymous, at January 03, 2006 4:19 PM
Becky,
I'm a volunteer for Suited for Change--we'd love to have you on board! Our big event is May 16 at the City Museum--if you'd like to volunteer for that (or just come--it's going to be fabulous!), just email me at rsvp@suitedforchange.org.
Good luck with the list!
By
BabsieD, at April 07, 2006 8:50 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home