lazy night at home
I am taking a night off from my life so I thought I'd write an update.
I still can't believe I misnumbered my list. But I have updated it, removing "Run one eight-minute mile" and all is well. Back at it!
Here are some things I've been working on. They're little steps, but they are steps!
a. #20: Read 3 Classics and 3 Biographies: I purchased My Life, Golda Meir's autobiography. You may have read in Josie's blog that we have season tickets to Broadway shows at the Warner theater. In March, we are going to see Golda's Balcony*, apparently a musical interpretation of Meir's life story.** Like Josie, I wished I had read more about Eva Peron before seeing Evita***, so I thought this would kill two birds with one stone. I started reading My Life this morning, and it looks like it will be an informative, good read. I also bought "Shakespeare" by Another Name a few weeks ago, a biography on Shakespeare. It's big and hardcovered, and will take some motivation to get in to, but it's line on the Book Shelf of What to Read Next, and I'll get to it!
b. #24: Put away all the random stacks of things in my apartment: Small start on this one, I started to go through my kitchen and reorganize the cabinets. When I set up this apartment a year and a half ago, I wasn't cooking and baking to the extent I am now, and my kitchen isn't as functional as it could be. I got through most of the cabinets, and only have a few left. Baby steps... baby steps...
c. #5: Learn how to make homemade pasta: I'm not sure this counts, but I bought a little (well, it looks pretty big in my kitchen) cart with a granite top to help with making doughs and pastas. I made rugalach on it today, and it worked out really well! All the space I can get in my kitchen helps.
d. #14: Spend at least one day alone with my dad (wake-up to bedtime): I bought How to Cook Like a Jewish Mother**** *****. I figure my day with my dad will probably involve cooking Jewish food he's been craving. It will also potentially involve a trip to the shooting range. The last time we went shooting, we were with my brother and some local police officers; I think if it's my dad, me, and the LEOs******, that counts as alone. We'll be doing activities together, and that's what's important. No target date yet.
*A riveting portrait of one of the great women of our time, Golda Meir (former Prime Minister of Israel), Golda’s Balcony is the latest work from Tony® Award-winning playwright William Gibson (The Miracle Worker, Two for the Seesaw), and an award-winning smash that’s just completed 15 sold-out months on Broadway. From the pogroms of Russia to the halls of the Knesset, the story of Golda Meir is the story of the state of Israel in the 20th century. This one-woman tour de force promises to be a thrilling, deeply moving and unforgettable night of theatre. (http://www.broadwayacrossamerica.com/grouptour/Show_Details.cfm?Show_ID=925)
** I don't know why a musical about Eva Peron seems so natural, but one about Golda Meir doesn't have the same zing.
*** Winner of seven Tony Awards®, EVITA brings to life the dynamic, larger-than-life persona of Eva Peron, wife of former Argentine dictator, Juan Peron. Blessed with charisma, Eva Peron captivated a nation by championing the working class. This exuberant production supervised by the legendary Hal Prince, creates a gripping theatrical experience and features Andrew Lloyd Webber's compelling Latin, pop and jazz influenced score. One of the most popular collaborations between Webber and Tim Rice, this legendary musical features the memorable song Don’t Cry for Me, Argentina. (http://www.broadwayacrossamerica.com/grouptour/Show_Details.cfm?Show_ID=685)
**** (c) 1969
***** Yes, I spent some time on Amazon.com recently.
****** That's "law enforcement officers"
I still can't believe I misnumbered my list. But I have updated it, removing "Run one eight-minute mile" and all is well. Back at it!
Here are some things I've been working on. They're little steps, but they are steps!
a. #20: Read 3 Classics and 3 Biographies: I purchased My Life, Golda Meir's autobiography. You may have read in Josie's blog that we have season tickets to Broadway shows at the Warner theater. In March, we are going to see Golda's Balcony*, apparently a musical interpretation of Meir's life story.** Like Josie, I wished I had read more about Eva Peron before seeing Evita***, so I thought this would kill two birds with one stone. I started reading My Life this morning, and it looks like it will be an informative, good read. I also bought "Shakespeare" by Another Name a few weeks ago, a biography on Shakespeare. It's big and hardcovered, and will take some motivation to get in to, but it's line on the Book Shelf of What to Read Next, and I'll get to it!
b. #24: Put away all the random stacks of things in my apartment: Small start on this one, I started to go through my kitchen and reorganize the cabinets. When I set up this apartment a year and a half ago, I wasn't cooking and baking to the extent I am now, and my kitchen isn't as functional as it could be. I got through most of the cabinets, and only have a few left. Baby steps... baby steps...
c. #5: Learn how to make homemade pasta: I'm not sure this counts, but I bought a little (well, it looks pretty big in my kitchen) cart with a granite top to help with making doughs and pastas. I made rugalach on it today, and it worked out really well! All the space I can get in my kitchen helps.
d. #14: Spend at least one day alone with my dad (wake-up to bedtime): I bought How to Cook Like a Jewish Mother**** *****. I figure my day with my dad will probably involve cooking Jewish food he's been craving. It will also potentially involve a trip to the shooting range. The last time we went shooting, we were with my brother and some local police officers; I think if it's my dad, me, and the LEOs******, that counts as alone. We'll be doing activities together, and that's what's important. No target date yet.
*A riveting portrait of one of the great women of our time, Golda Meir (former Prime Minister of Israel), Golda’s Balcony is the latest work from Tony® Award-winning playwright William Gibson (The Miracle Worker, Two for the Seesaw), and an award-winning smash that’s just completed 15 sold-out months on Broadway. From the pogroms of Russia to the halls of the Knesset, the story of Golda Meir is the story of the state of Israel in the 20th century. This one-woman tour de force promises to be a thrilling, deeply moving and unforgettable night of theatre. (http://www.broadwayacrossamerica.com/grouptour/Show_Details.cfm?Show_ID=925)
** I don't know why a musical about Eva Peron seems so natural, but one about Golda Meir doesn't have the same zing.
*** Winner of seven Tony Awards®, EVITA brings to life the dynamic, larger-than-life persona of Eva Peron, wife of former Argentine dictator, Juan Peron. Blessed with charisma, Eva Peron captivated a nation by championing the working class. This exuberant production supervised by the legendary Hal Prince, creates a gripping theatrical experience and features Andrew Lloyd Webber's compelling Latin, pop and jazz influenced score. One of the most popular collaborations between Webber and Tim Rice, this legendary musical features the memorable song Don’t Cry for Me, Argentina. (http://www.broadwayacrossamerica.com/grouptour/Show_Details.cfm?Show_ID=685)
**** (c) 1969
***** Yes, I spent some time on Amazon.com recently.
****** That's "law enforcement officers"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home