OVERHEARD: Camp Josie
Overheard:
Josie: "So when I was at Costco, I bought 16 cans of new tennis balls..."
Teha: "Are you starting a CAMP?"
Sitch:
At cooking club this month, Josie was describing her Return To Costco -- apparently she's been busy recently and hasn't made it to her fave hangout in a while -- and after the table discussed the benfits of huge boxes of garbage bags* we heard about Josie's big purchase. She and Bob play a lot of tennis I guess, but the thought of Josie and Bob starting a tennis camp for kids, serving them taquitos and bug juice, bandaging scraped knees, all the while planning the wedding... it was just too much.
Good luck with the camp, Josie!
* Seriously. I've been working on one box for the entire time I've lived in this apartment -- 19 months.
Josie: "So when I was at Costco, I bought 16 cans of new tennis balls..."
Teha: "Are you starting a CAMP?"
Sitch:
At cooking club this month, Josie was describing her Return To Costco -- apparently she's been busy recently and hasn't made it to her fave hangout in a while -- and after the table discussed the benfits of huge boxes of garbage bags* we heard about Josie's big purchase. She and Bob play a lot of tennis I guess, but the thought of Josie and Bob starting a tennis camp for kids, serving them taquitos and bug juice, bandaging scraped knees, all the while planning the wedding... it was just too much.
Good luck with the camp, Josie!
* Seriously. I've been working on one box for the entire time I've lived in this apartment -- 19 months.

2 Comments:
I hate to disappoint all the kiddies out there but I think tennis camp will have to be postponed until next summer but I promise to make another Costco run sometime before then. Mini-tacos for the post-camp snack.
By
josiem, at April 25, 2006 8:45 AM
I hear that if you go listen to wedding band demos, there may be some angsty 12-year olds lurking...
By
becky, at April 25, 2006 9:57 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home