Motor City
Snuck in a quick weekend trip to Detroit, Michigan* to visit KAH and her fiance. And their two cats. Had a lovely weekend, and even got in a day trip to Frankenmuth, where RJ and I finally found our common ground. At the Cheese Haus.
We spent the day** walking down the main street, eating deep fried foods, drinking beer***, and eating cheese and fudge**** samples. And looking at total crap in gift shops. Seriously. I came home with a Frankenmuth mug.
Looking forward to Exploring Michigan: Part Deux in just over 6 weeks!
Only one city left to go in item #1 on my list! I bought my ticket to Grand Rapids last night, so I should be able to finish up in 6+ weeks tops!
* Well, Franklin, a suburb
** Well, 2.5 hours. It was totally enough
*** Well, it was a 4-beer sampler, 2 of which were not exactly "Bavarian"
**** We uncovered a monopoly issue -- all of the fudge shops appeared to have regulated prices and menus
We spent the day** walking down the main street, eating deep fried foods, drinking beer***, and eating cheese and fudge**** samples. And looking at total crap in gift shops. Seriously. I came home with a Frankenmuth mug.
Looking forward to Exploring Michigan: Part Deux in just over 6 weeks!
Only one city left to go in item #1 on my list! I bought my ticket to Grand Rapids last night, so I should be able to finish up in 6+ weeks tops!
* Well, Franklin, a suburb
** Well, 2.5 hours. It was totally enough
*** Well, it was a 4-beer sampler, 2 of which were not exactly "Bavarian"
**** We uncovered a monopoly issue -- all of the fudge shops appeared to have regulated prices and menus

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home