thirty by thirty

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Travel Update!

I have been, and will continue to be busy, with travel. Two weekends ago, as you may have read on Josie's blog, we headed up to my brother's beach house on Long Island -- well, Long Beach. He's skeptical that it's actually "Long Island," apparently there are 3 beach communities in a small area, of which Long Beach is one. In any case, I had never been there. We had a great weekend, got plenty of beach time, and sleep. Not to mention BLOCK PARTY '06! Spent some QT with my brother and his fiance, and their freaking adorable dog, who loves to curl up with stuffed animals.* She appreciated my gift of a DC panda, and played with it when she got it, and trotted it off to bed and curled up with it that night. Very cute. It's very, very cute to watch how she follows my brother around and flips out when he leaves.

Last weekend, I went to New Orleans. It was a fun, impulsive trip. I had never been, and everyone there told me of course things were so different before the storm, and I shoulda seen it. I have heard that the French Quarter (where we spent a lot of time), settled on high ground, didn't see much destruction, so besides for the city being a bit quieter, I wonder how it was different. A blog post couldn't do the weekend justice, but notable funny moments include: running into someone at a party who knew various people that I knew from elementary school, middle school, high school, college, and law school -- so bizarre!; and accidentally picking up the wrong luggage at DCA, that turned out to belong to the fiance of a friend, and I was at the time carrying a wedding present I had bought for them in my hand -- so ironic. The rest of the weekend, was just fabulous.

I leave for Italy and France in less than 2 weeks!! A week from Friday, to be exact. I have SO much to do until then, but the time will pass quickly! After group consultation, a dress I recently bought will be worn for the "beach chic" wedding. I am still in the market for a "bohemian casual" rehearsal dinner outfit. Off to Friendship Heights to figure out what that means... I also picked up a day pack today at the Container Store. I can't believe the trip is so soon!

No other big trips on the horizon...** OH, I have a wedding shower in Augusta, Georgia, in December. It's the weekend after Thanksgiving, but I hope to be able to attend! I have never been there.

* Just to clarify, that's the dog who curls up with the stuffed animals.
** Although, really, this is probably enough...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home