14 months to go!
I like that I've distracted myself from turning 30 by making it a deadline for something else.
In any case, I think it's time for a comprehensive update* - if not for you, then for me.
1. Visit 5 U.S. cities I have not visited as an adult: CHECK! with extra credit...
Long Beach, NY - August 2006
New Orleans, LA - August and September 2006
Augusta, GA - December 2006
Franklin, MI - March 2007 (visiting Krista, see April 10 post)
New Fairfield, CT - May 2007 (sister-in-law-to-be-at-the-time's wedding shower)
Grand Rapids, MI - June 2007 (Krista's Wedding)
Mohegan Sun, CT - June 2007 (Colleen's bachelorette party... let's be honest... I'm sure the town had a name, but it wasn't exactly integral to the story)
2. Visit 2 foreign cities (at least one overseas): CHECK! with extra credit...
Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula, Honduras - July 2006
Rome, Italy - September 2006
Nice and St. Tropez, France - September 2006
Cancun, Mexico - December 2006
3. Purchase a bikini, and wear it in public: making progress... I work a tankini all week at Wedding Festivities, and am shooting for (gasp!!!) this winter vacation for a full-on bikini. Wish. Me. Luck.
4. Write a book -- not necessarily to be published -- on any topic: I wouldn't say "making progress," but I'm definitely thinking more about it, and how to find time to do it, and what to write about.
5. Learn to make homemade pasta: CHECK! May 31, 2006.
6. Go one month without eating chocolate: CHECK! See July 30, 2006 post.
7. Go one month without drinking coffee: CHECK! December 2005 - January 2006
8. Go 2 weeks without watching TV (if that’s not hard – go the full month): CHECK! See April 10, 2007 post. It was hard. I did not go the full month.
9. Run a 10K
10. Take a walk in the rain, on purpose
11. [personal -- family-related]: CHECK and check!
12. Cook with my grandma Ga: CHECK! March 16, 2006, AND planned again for July 8, 2006.
13. Spend a weekend alone with my mom: CHECK!
14. Spend at least one day alone with my dad (wake-up to bedtime): CHECK!
15. Take 6 golf or tennis lessons
16. Learn how to drive a stick shift car
17. Run up and down the National Mall: Not completed, but I did jog/walk around the Tidal Basin, and I did walk from 7th and Constitution to Arlington Cemetery and back down Independence in the last month. It was a very long walk. I think the "run" will definitely be a "jog/walk."
18. Take a day trip by myself (no phone calls, either)
19. Invest in three stocks that I have researched, by myself
20. Read 3 Classics and 3 Biographies: Working on it! I read Golda Meir's My Life in February and March, and I'm working on Shakespeare By Another Name. It's very slow-going, but it's going. I now understand how people can be reading more than one book at once -- I didn't used to get it, but sometimes you just feel like another book, even if you haven't finished the first.
21. Buy myself nice stationery
22. Read a Sunday paper cover-to-cover
23. Put all my pictures into scrapbooks: today's afternoon plan :)
24. Put away all the stacks of random things in my apartment: CHECK!
25. Spend a day going to at least 2 museums I haven’t been to
26. Read 2 books about the Supreme Court
27. Learn how to needlepoint or cross-stitch
28. Brew my own beer
29. Volunteer at Suited for Change: Check!
30. Go to a fondue restaurant: CHECK!
* Um, not exactly totally comprehensive, but it's a nice day outside so I'm trying to finish up :)
In any case, I think it's time for a comprehensive update* - if not for you, then for me.
1. Visit 5 U.S. cities I have not visited as an adult: CHECK! with extra credit...
Long Beach, NY - August 2006
New Orleans, LA - August and September 2006
Augusta, GA - December 2006
Franklin, MI - March 2007 (visiting Krista, see April 10 post)
New Fairfield, CT - May 2007 (sister-in-law-to-be-at-the-time's wedding shower)
Grand Rapids, MI - June 2007 (Krista's Wedding)
Mohegan Sun, CT - June 2007 (Colleen's bachelorette party... let's be honest... I'm sure the town had a name, but it wasn't exactly integral to the story)
2. Visit 2 foreign cities (at least one overseas): CHECK! with extra credit...
Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula, Honduras - July 2006
Rome, Italy - September 2006
Nice and St. Tropez, France - September 2006
Cancun, Mexico - December 2006
3. Purchase a bikini, and wear it in public: making progress... I work a tankini all week at Wedding Festivities, and am shooting for (gasp!!!) this winter vacation for a full-on bikini. Wish. Me. Luck.
4. Write a book -- not necessarily to be published -- on any topic: I wouldn't say "making progress," but I'm definitely thinking more about it, and how to find time to do it, and what to write about.
5. Learn to make homemade pasta: CHECK! May 31, 2006.
6. Go one month without eating chocolate: CHECK! See July 30, 2006 post.
7. Go one month without drinking coffee: CHECK! December 2005 - January 2006
8. Go 2 weeks without watching TV (if that’s not hard – go the full month): CHECK! See April 10, 2007 post. It was hard. I did not go the full month.
9. Run a 10K
10. Take a walk in the rain, on purpose
11. [personal -- family-related]: CHECK and check!
12. Cook with my grandma Ga: CHECK! March 16, 2006, AND planned again for July 8, 2006.
13. Spend a weekend alone with my mom: CHECK!
14. Spend at least one day alone with my dad (wake-up to bedtime): CHECK!
15. Take 6 golf or tennis lessons
16. Learn how to drive a stick shift car
17. Run up and down the National Mall: Not completed, but I did jog/walk around the Tidal Basin, and I did walk from 7th and Constitution to Arlington Cemetery and back down Independence in the last month. It was a very long walk. I think the "run" will definitely be a "jog/walk."
18. Take a day trip by myself (no phone calls, either)
19. Invest in three stocks that I have researched, by myself
20. Read 3 Classics and 3 Biographies: Working on it! I read Golda Meir's My Life in February and March, and I'm working on Shakespeare By Another Name. It's very slow-going, but it's going. I now understand how people can be reading more than one book at once -- I didn't used to get it, but sometimes you just feel like another book, even if you haven't finished the first.
21. Buy myself nice stationery
22. Read a Sunday paper cover-to-cover
23. Put all my pictures into scrapbooks: today's afternoon plan :)
24. Put away all the stacks of random things in my apartment: CHECK!
25. Spend a day going to at least 2 museums I haven’t been to
26. Read 2 books about the Supreme Court
27. Learn how to needlepoint or cross-stitch
28. Brew my own beer
29. Volunteer at Suited for Change: Check!
30. Go to a fondue restaurant: CHECK!
* Um, not exactly totally comprehensive, but it's a nice day outside so I'm trying to finish up :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home